The Tree of Dreams® is situated at the Wyong Milk Factory. In previous years, in the lead up to World Suicide Prevention Day on 10thSeptember, we adorn the tree with hundreds of messages of HOPE – STRENGTH – REMEMBRANCE – SUPPORT collected from people across the Central Coast. The Tree has become a memorable tribute to those we have lost, but also a positive display of hope and support to remind us all to encourage life and reach out to each other when times are tough.
Out of The Shadows Walk
This year, 2023, we will be joining the Lifeline Central Coast ‘Out of the Shadows Walk’ at North Entrance.
Meeting Point – Location A: The North Entrance Carpark
Walking along the foreshore until Point B which is the Sensory Gardens.
The total walk distance is 2.5km and is accessible for all types of mobility.
Date: Sunday 10 September 2023
Time: 8:30am till 10.30am
You do not need to complete the whole walk, just join us for as long as you can.
Join us in honor of those we have lost, and help us to spread a message of community of
support and hope
Tree of Dreams tags will be available at the Sensory Gardens for anyone wishing to pen a
message of Hope, Strength, Remembrance or Support.
All tags with their messages will be placed in the Tree of Dreams™ at Wyong
and will remain there significantly until World Mental Health Day 10th October.
For more information contact Sue on Ph: 4313 1841 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a donation to Lifeline – Click HERE
To make a donation to Iris Foundation Strong Futures – Click HERE
How to Support Suicide Prevention Efforts
• By sharing your mental health stories, raising awareness and connecting with your local community, you can help prevent suicide.
• Take proactive steps to safeguard your mental health, encourage help-seeking, and empower your friends, family, and colleagues to support one another in times of crisis.
• Add crisis contact numbers to your phone and encourage loved ones to do the same.
• Reach out to someone you care about who you think may be struggling with their mental health. Visit ROUK? to learn how to start a helpful conversation.
• Support initiatives that ensure everyone has access to mental health care, suicide prevention training, and funding for local crisis resources.
– Lifeline: 13 11 14
– Kids Help Line: 1800 551 800
– Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
– NSW Mental Health Line: 1800 011 511
– Mensline Australia: 1800 789 978
About Tree of Dreams
The Tree of Dreams® is an annual campaign to raise awareness of suicide prevention on the Central Coast. The campaign works towards heightening awareness of the impact of suicide, and increasing conversations about preventing suicide.
A Suicide-Safer Central Coast
Iris Foundation acknowledges the impact of suicide in our Central Coast community. Through generous donations Iris Foundation can continue to facilitate programs and campaigns which reduce stigma, connect people, foster hope and build resilience – as a means to reducing the risk of suicide. Your donation is valued.
In 2019, Iris Foundation was proud to host the inaugural River of Reflections event as part of the annual Tree of Dreams awareness campaign.
A crowd of around 100 local people gathered on the banks of Wyong River on September 8. Many wrote messages of hope, support and remembrance on lighted lanterns, which were then released to float peacefully down the river. The group took the opportunity to reflect, talk together, share snacks and hear from speakers with a lived experience of suicide.
Iris Foundation would like to thank local filmmakers Mel and Gerry of Films4Change for their work on our amazing event video.